Wests Tigers recruit Zane Musgrove and Penrith halfback Liam Coleman have been charged with a number of offences including aggravated indecent assault following a night out at the Coogee Bay Hotel last month.
According to NSW Police, the alleged incident occurred at 12:30am on Saturday, November 24.
On the night, Musgrove and Coleman allegedly indecently assaulted a 22-year-old woman who reported the alleged incident to security at the premises before making a report to Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command.
Foxsports.com.au contacted the NRL who are aware of the incident, but since Musgrove’s Tigers contract is not yet registered, it’s currently not a matter for the governing body to investigate.
Coleman, the son of South Sydney legend Craig Coleman, is contracted to the Panthers’ Intrust Super Premiership team and the NSWRL has been made aware of the incident.
An NRL spokesman said the NRL would wait and see what happens with the court proceedings, which will take place on January 23.
A police statement on Friday afternoon read: “Following inquiries by detectives, a 22-year-old man attended Maroubra Police Station on Wednesday 5 December 2018.
“He was arrested and charged with assault with act of indecency, aggravated indecent assault — offender in company, and common assault.
“About 8am on Thursday 6 December 2018, a 22-year-old man attended Maroubra Police Station.
“He was charged with assault with act of indecency, and aggravated indecent assault — offender in company.
“Both men were granted conditional bail to appear at Waverley Local Court on Wednesday 23 January 2019.”
Musgrove and Coleman both played together in the lower grades during their time at South Sydney.
Coleman is yet to make his NRL debut, while Musgrove went on to make his for the Rabbitohs in 2016. He played 27 games for the club before he was released to sign a three-year deal with the Tigers from next season.
It’s not the first off-field incident Musgrove has been involved in, with the prop having pleaded guilty to damaging property following an argument with his girlfriend earlier this year.
A Wests Tigers statement issued on Friday night said the club had alerted the NRL Integrity Unit.
“Wests Tigers takes its position in the community very seriously and will work with the NRL Integrity Unit and NSW Police on the allegations,” the statement said.
“The club will make no further comment on the matter until the investigation is complete.”
The news comes just 24 hours after Manly star Dylan Walker was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm following an incident involving his fiancée at their Northern Beaches home.
Published by John Dean, 8th December 2018 on foxsports.com.au